Nakul Vengsarkar is an Indian interior designer, architect, and photographer. He is best known for being the son of former Indian cricketer Dilip Vengsarkar.
Table of Contents
Nakul Vengsarkar was born in the year 1982, (age 30 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai, India. He attended Kodaikanal International School, Tamil Nadu for primary and Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai for secondary education. Later he moved to Italy and got himself enrolled at the Domus Academy, Milan to pursue a professional degree in industrial design and design management. He also did an interior design course at the Domus Academy, Milan.
Nakul Vengsarkar’s childhood picture with his mother and sister
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 70 Kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Nakul Vengsarkar belongs to a Marathi Brahmin family of Mumbai, India.
Parents & Siblings
Nakul Vengsarkar was born to Dilip Vengsarkar and Manali Vengsarkar. Dilip is a former Indian cricketer who has been honoured with the prestigious Arjuna Award for his contribution to Indian cricket. He is the Chief Adviser of the Cricket Association of Telangana. Manali Vengsarkar is an entrepreneur and jewellery designer.
Nakul Vengsarkar’s parents
Nakul Vengsarkar has an elder sister, Pallavi Vengsarkar. She is an entrepreneur and model.
Nakul Vengsarkar’s mother with his sister
Nakul Vengsarkar got married to Ayesha Faridi on 27 April 2013. She works as an anchor for the Indian business news channel ET Now, and she has previously hosted a number of popular business news shows like The Market, First Trades, Markets At Lunch, Riding The Bull, and India Economic Conclave.
Nakul Vengsarkar with his wife
Nakul Vengsarkar, in 2010, got engaged to Swapnali Bhosale, daughter of influential real-estate tycoon Avinash Bhosale. Nakul’s father Dilip Vengsarkar and Swapnali’s father Avinash shared a good friendship and decided to take their friendship to next level. Months later, the couple decided to not take the next step of marriage and broke their engagement. The news grabbed the headlines and both the families were questioned regarding the separation. To which Dilip Vengsarkar replied,
This is a matter between our families and I would appreciate it if the media did not interfere in this.”
Nakul Vengsarkar’s Ex-Fiancee
- Nakul Vengsarkar works as an Interior designer. He is the co-owner of NAD, an architecture and interior design firm. NAD is an abbreviation, where N stands for Nakul Vengsarkar, A stands for Ajay Hemmady, and D means designs. The firm works on designing a large spectrum involving residential developments to master planning gated societies.
- He is passionate about photography and travelling.
- Nakul Vengsarkar has hosted multiple local and international successful photographies exhibitions which showcased his array of photography including food, lifestyle, auto, fashion, architecture, and interior photography.
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol at social gatherings.
Nakul Vengsarkar enjoying a glass of beer with his friend
- During a media interaction, he was asked,
Being the son of an award-winning cricketer, why didn’t you try your luck in the sport?”
To which he replied,
Every Indian kid dreams of becoming a cricketer. When you’re young, you see everyone around you playing it. After all, apart from hockey, it’s like our national sport. Dad always pushed me to try my hand at everything — health, sports and even academics. Last night when he saw my work at the exhibition, he looked extremely proud.”