Nusraat Faria Mazhar aka Nusrat Faria is a Bangladeshi film actress, model, singer, television host, and radio jockey who works in Bangladesh and India.
Nusraat Faria was born on Wednesday, September 8, 1993 (age 28 years; as of 2021) in Chittagong, Bangladesh. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She recently completed her Bachelors of Law from the University of London on 14th December 2021, with Second class honours. She shared in an interview that she was a very bright student and from class 8th onwards she held a scholarship.
Height (approx.): 5’3″
Weight (approx.): 54 kg
Hair Colour: Drak Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 32-24-32
Parents & Siblings
Her mother’s name is Ferdousi Begum and her father’s name is Majharul Islam. She has a sister Maria Islam and a brother Farid Islam.
Nusraat Faria’s mother
Nusraat Faria with her sister Maria Islam
After seven years of relationship with Rony Riad Rashid, she got engaged with him on March 21, 2020. Telling about her love story she said,
I met Rony through a common friend at a party and became friends. What attracted me towards him was his intellect – the way he finds joy in little things is amazing. So when he proposed to me, I took a second to give my nod.”
Nusraat with her Husband Rony Riad Rashid
Her father-in-law is M Harun-Ar-Rashid, an Army officer who served as the Chief of Army Staff of the Bangladesh Army.
Nusraat Faria with her father-in-law
She follows Islam. In an interview, when asked about her religious beliefs, she said,
I’m religious, as I was born in a conservative family. We’re supposed to offer namaz five times a day, but I fail to do that because of my hectic schedule. However, it’s a must once a day, as it gives me strength and courage. Whenever I step out of home, I put my left foot first. That’s what my mother taught me. And ahead of any performance or shoot, I recite the duas, as they give me confidence.”
Nusraat Faria had a military background, and from her childhood, she wanted to become an army officer. When she discovered her passion for the glamorous media industry, she dropped the plan of becoming an army officer. In her school time, she used to take part in debate competitions and get 800 rupees per show. She is also a national debate champion in 2010 and 2011. She started her career in 2013, at the BTV debate show. Then she has worked in various television commercials, hosted TV shows, and radio programs. After the 12th class, she used to present children’s programs. After that, she got an offer of a night show on ‘Radio Furti’ in Bangladesh which later went viral and she became popular amongst teenagers. This is how she got into media.
In a short career of 6 years, she did 18 movies. Her debut film was Aashiqui, released in 2015, and then, Hero (420) under the same production house, Jazz Multimedia. In 2016, she starred in Badsha- The Don directed by Baba Yadav. In 2017, she was seen in films Premi O Premi, Dhat Teri Ki, and Boss 2: Back to Rule, which was a sequel to the movie Boss: Born to Rule. Her latest film in 2021 is Operation Sunderbans, and she is reportedly working on many other projects as well. Along with films and television, she is also a dubbing voice over artist. She was to start her career in Bollywood with the movie “Gawa, The Witness”, having Imran Hashmi as her co-star, but she stepped out of the project to avoid any controversies.
In 2014, she started her career by hosting a TV show, Fair and Handsome: The Ultimate Man. She also hosted Lux Style Check and Late Night Coffee (ongoing).
Nusraat Faria is featured in three music videos, “Pataka”, “Ami Chai Thakte”, and “Habibi”. Also, these songs are sung by her.
She hosted two shows on the radio. In 2013-14, she hosted “Night shift with Nusraat Faria” and in 2015 hosted “Love Buds”.
- In 2017, Nusraat Faria was seen in the song “Allah Meherbaan” of her movie Boss 2: Back to Rule. This song was wrongly interpreted as a religious song and a legal notice was issued to Jazz Multimedia to remove the video. Nusraat was also criticised for wearing revealing clothes in the song. The music video was then called an insult to Islam, during the month of Ramadan. Later on, the video was removed from the internet and a new video, “Yaara Meherbaan” was released with improvised lyrics.
- In 2016, Won Meril Prothom Alo Award for Best New Comer (Film and Television)
- In 2017, Won Tele Cine Award for Best Actress
- Actor: Yash, Dev, Adrit Roy, Hrithik Roshan
- Actress: Koel Mallick
- Song: Ki Kore Bolbo Tomaye
She owns an Audi and a Mercedes car.
- Her dream role is to play Chandramukhi and Geet from Jab We Met.
- She is given the name, “Imraan Hashmi of Tollygunge.” When asked about it she said, Don’t say that anymore! The directors are putting kissing scenes in every film. I myself sometimes wonder if I am going to be Imran of Tollywood?”
- Her favourite actor from Tollywood is Ankush. While talking about him she said, “My first picture with him was Ashiki. He helped me a lot. Without him, I would not have been able to give a good performance.”
- She is a shopaholic and likes to visit Kolkata for shopping.
- She enjoys talking non-stop, exploring new things in life and travelling.
- She is a fitness freak.