Surya Azad is the son of the Indian former cricket player and politician Kirti Azad.
Surya Vardhan Azad was born on Wednesday, 18 March 1987 (age 34 years; as of 2021) in Delhi, India. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
Childhood picture of Surya Azad with his brother Somya Azad
He did his schooling at Modern School, New Delhi. Passionate about cricket since childhood, Surya Azad represented Delhi in cricket at various age-group levels, but he did not play First-Class cricket. From 2004 to 2007, he pursued a Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) History at St. Stephen’s College, Delhi. Thereafter, he enrolled himself at Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune, where he pursued a Master of Business Administration in Marketing. During his college days, he actively participated in various extra curriculum activities and also organised the event TEDxSIBMPune: The Start of Fantastic Things in March 2012.
Surya Azad at Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune, posing with the organising team of TEDxSIBMPune: The Start of Fantastic Things in 2012
Height (approx.): 5’ 9”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Surya Azad father, Kirti Azad, is a former Indian cricketer and a politician who played 7 Tests and 25 ODIs from 1980 to 1986 for the Indian Cricket team. Kirti Azad is a member of the Indian National Congress (INC). His mother, Poonam Jha Azad, is a former Aam Aadmi Party politician who later became a member of the Indian National Congress (INC).
Surya Azad’s parents, Kirti Azad and Poonam Azad
His brother’s name is Somya Vardhan Azad.
Surya Azad with his brother Somya Azad
Wife & Children
Surya Azad is married to the YouTuber and social media influencer Shruti Azad.
Surya Azad with his wife Shruti Azad
In April 2011, he joined Colgate-Palmolive in Mumbai, where he worked as an intern for three months. In June 2012, he joined Givaudan, a Swiss multinational manufacturer of flavours, fragrances and active cosmetic ingredients, as a Management Associate in Mumbai. In July 2014, he was promoted to the position of Junior Key Account Manager for local & regional accounts of South Asia. He became Junior Key Account Manager for Unilever South Asia at Givaudan in October 2015. In July 2017, he moved to Singapore, where he became the Key Account Manager for Unilever South East Asia & Australia at Givaudan. In October 2019, he was promoted to Account Director for Fabric Care & Household Categories. In October 2021, he became the country head of Fragrance & Beauty at Givaudan in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Associated with (Cricket Club): Singapore Cricket Club (SCC)
- Batting Style: Right Handed Batsman
- Bowling Style: Right Arm Medium
In 2017, after relocating to Singapore, he became a member of the Singapore Cricket Club (SCC) and played for the team & G Warriors. His applaudable performance led him to be honoured at the Cricket Section Award Night (2019) by SCC.
Surya Azad being honoured at the Cricket Section Award Night (2019) by SCC
He became the social secretary of the SCC in 2021.
Surya Azad posing with the SCC Cricket Section Committee 2021
- He worked as an assistant project officer at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, held in New Delhi.
- In 2016, he started a travel and food blog named Wayfarers and Wasabi, along with Shruti Azad.
- He is an active supporter of the preservation and expansion programme of the Galápagos Marine Reserve.
- In his Instagram bio, Surya Azad has mentioned that he is fond of drinking beer. He frequently posts various pictures of different beers on his Instagram account.
- Surya Azad is passionate about fitness and health. His Instagram account features various pictures of him working out in a gym.
- He has a tattoo inked on the upper left side of his back.
A picture featuring Surya Azad’s tattoo