PM Modi said the programme will transfer Rs 1,000 crore in the bank account of Self Help Groups.Prayagraj: Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Uttar Pradesh’s Prayagraj today to participate in what the government calls a “one of its kind programme” to be attended by over two lakh women.This will be the Prime Minister’s 10th day in Uttar Pradesh within just month as he leads the BJP’s campaign in this politically crucial state where elections are due in less than two months.In front-page advertisements across newspapers, the government said the programme, pushing ‘the vision of the Prime Minister to empower women’, will see PM Modi transfer around Rs 1,000 crore in the bank account of Self Help Groups (SHGs), benefitting around 16 lakh women members of these groups.
Here are the Highlights of PM Modi’s Prayagraj rally speech:
- For thousands of years, Prayagraj has been the ‘sangam’ of ‘naari shakti’. Maa Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati themselves flow through this holy land. For us too, women’s empowerment and women’s strength is a priority.
- The whole country is watching the work done for the development and empowerment of women in UP.
- I have the privilege to transfer crores of rupees into the bank accounts of one lakh beneficiary daughters of Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana to help them carry forward their dreams and aspirations.
- Today our daughters and sisters have set up industries of Rs 75,000 crore in UP. Till a few years ago, these were people who did not even have a bank account. Today they are pushing India ahead. The security given by the double engine government, the respect it has given to the women of UP, it has increased their dignity, is unprecedented.
- Daughters should not be killed in the womb, they should be born. To ensure this, we tried to awaken the consciousness of our society through the campaign ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’. Today the result is that the number of daughters being born has risen across many states of the country.
- We have focused on immunization of pregnant women, delivery in hospitals and nutrition during pregnancy. Under the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, Rs 5000 is deposited in the bank account of women during pregnancy, so that they can take care of proper diet.